This is a great, easy dish to make in the heat of the summer. Serve with grissini (thin bread sticks), and it’s the perfect meal!
Southern Italian Rice Salad Prepare dish ahead and serve cold
- 1 cup rice
- 6 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced, each slice then halved
- 2 cans tuna fish (6oz each)
- 1 big bunch of arugula
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lemons, squeezed for juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook rice according to box instructions and allow to cool.
When rice has cooled, add salt and pepper to taste, tomatoes, and tuna. Rip arugula into small pieces and toss with the rice mixture. Add olive oil and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Toss all ingredients together and cool in fridge.
15 minutes before serving, add the lemon juice and gently mix.
Garnish with sliced eggs and serve.