Early Lingo’s Kitchen Tips
Here are more lifesaving kitchen tips!
1. Got cracks? To prevent egg shells from cracking, add a pinch of salt to the water before hard-boiling.
2. Scorched mess? To easily remove burned food from a skillet, place a couple drops of dish soap in the pan and cover the bottom with water. Bring to a boil on the stove top. Once cooled, food residue will be easy to remove.
3. Too salty? If you accidentally over salt a dish while cooking, add a peeled potato. It will soak up the salt.
4. Perfect Shine! Brush a beaten egg white over a pie crust before baking to create a beautiful glossy finish.
5. Place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it back up.