A little taste of Greece for your budding citizens of the world!
- 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon, chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- toasted pita bread, cut into triangles
1. Place a coffee filter in a colander. Spoon the yogurt into the filter and let drain through the colander into a bowl. Place the drained yogurt into a mixing bowl. 2. Peel the cucumbers and grate them coarsely into a bowl. sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt over the gratings and let stand for 10 minutes to draw out the liquid. Spoon the gratings into the colander and squeeze the rest of the liquid out with the spoon. Add the cucumber to the yogurt. 3. Peel the garlic and squeeze through a garlic press. Add the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to the yogurt and cucumber and stir to combine.
Serve with toasted pita triangles.