This is a great recipe because it can be served hot or cold, depending on the weather. It’s perfect to pack up for lunch at the beach, a picnic or even a late afternoon snack. You can serve with store bought pesto or the easy recipe below.
PESTO PASTA (serves 5-6 )
- 1 box Barilla penne or farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 jar store bought pesto sauce
or use the following recipe for pesto:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large bunches basil leaves
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
Put garlic, pine nuts, salt, pepper, basil leaves and olive oil in a food processor and blend until a smooth paste forms. Add cheeses and blend until combined.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Salt the water. Drain, then add pesto, sundried tomatoes and peas.
Serve hot or cold